Archive for Auto Accident
Friday, December 18th, 2009
Because there are so many lawyers in the metro-Atlanta area, it may seem impossible to accurately compare them and make a decision as to who to retain. At Hollberg & Weaver, we believe our experience and personalized service sets us apart from the other lawyers working within the city limits.
Buckhead Lawyers: Local Experience
Hollberg and Weaver has represented Atlanta’s victims of personal injury and civil rights violations for over 30 years. George Weaver, one of the firm’s partners, offers particularly unique experience. He has specialized in handling civil rights cases from both sides of the aisle, as he has an established career both defending against and bringing plaintiff’s civil rights suits. Having defended such actions, he knows how your adversary will prepare a case and what the critical issues will be.
Likewise, Bill Hollberg has distinguished himself as a leading divorce defense attorney. His services are highly sought after by those who are being divorced but wish to treat their spouses with dignity and respect while still having their interests protected.
Personal Service in Your Personal Injury Case
Perhaps the most noteworthy feature of our firm is the personal service we provide to our clients. Battling the downtown traffic, trying to find parking, and then weaving your way through a 30-story building to meet your attorney can be very intimidating and discouraging. Hollberg and Weaver is conveniently located just north of downtown Atlanta and we have comfortable offices and plenty of free parking.
We understand the stress that comes with suffering a personal injury case and we want your experience with us to reduce that stress, not increase it. Our attorneys are real people with real families who have had real experiences like you, and we genuinely want to help and protect you during your difficult time. If you’ve recently suffered a personal injury and are looking for a hassle-free experience, call us today for a free case review.
Monday, November 16th, 2009
Expert Advice from Experienced Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys
Don’t wait until you’ve been struck by a negligent driver to take the necessary steps to establish your claim. There are a few things you should be prepared to do in advance in the event you are in an automobile collision.
(1) If Injured: If you or anyone else involved is seriously injured, call 9-1-1 and get emergency assistance immediately.
(2) Insurance Information: Get the other driver’s insurance information. Whether you are hurting or see serious damage at the time of the collision or not, you should exchange insurance information. If you come to find later that you have a more serious injury or there was damage to your vehicle that was not immediately visible, you need to know who to contact.
(3) Photograph Evidence: Keep a camera in your car, even it’s only a disposable one. If you are in a collision and you believe the other driver was at fault, you want to have photographic evidence of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved. Photographs will also show road and weather conditions, as well as the location and layout of the road where the particular collision occurred. If you or any passengers in your vehicle sustained visible injuries, photograph those as well.
(4) Communicate Carefully: Limit your communications with the other driver to making sure he/she is okay and exchanging necessary information. Even if you believe you were at fault, avoid apologizing or taking responsibility before you know all of the facts. Often times details emerge later on that reveal negligence or fault on the part of the other driver as well.
(5) Gather Information: Be sure to get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of any witnesses to the collision. This might include other drivers, passengers, or bystanders. Be sure that when you are speaking to the police they take down the information and statements of the witnesses in their Incident Report as well.
(6) Medical Attention: Do not wait to get medical attention. If there is any possibility that you were injured, get checked out immediately. Delays in treatment can be detrimental to any case in which another driver was at fault for a collision. Even a delay of a mere day or two can be costly to your case.
(7) Speak with an accident attorney: Often times insurance companies will try to settle your claim before you know the real extent of vehicle damage or injuries. Typically, once an agreement is entered into you cannot bring a claim in the future regardless of the injuries you may discover that you did not know about at the time.
At Hollberg & Weaver we are experienced in providing expertise to our clients when they are the victims of automobile collisions. Contact us to make sure you preserve your rights and receive a fair recovery.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009
In September of 2009, a tragic hit-and-run took the life of a Dekalb county pedestrian. A news report* notes that the fatal accident took place on Buford Highway in Dekalb County, and authorities reported that the driver of the vehicle fled the scene.
At Hollberg and Weaver, we frequently hear stories of Atlanta traffic fatalities and sympathize with the families suffering from such a terrible loss. We have personal injury experience in Dekalb County and other surrounding counties of Atlanta. In fact, in one case handled by our firm a pedestrian was fatally struck by a tractor trailer when he was walking through a gas station parking lot.
When an automobile accident involves a fatality, there is a range of criminal charges that may be brought, including involuntary manslaughter, vehicular homicide, etc. From a civil standpoint, surviving family members may have a claim for wrongful death, which would include recovery for the full value of the life of the individual who passed away. The estate may also have claims for the decedent’s pain and suffering, last medical expenses, and last funeral expenses.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious automobile collision, we encourage you to call Hollberg and Weaver today. We understand the importance of your case and we are sensitive to the impact such a tragedy has on individuals and families.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009
Traffic Legislation to Prevent Personal Injuury
In October, 2009, Fox News reported that Transportation Secretary, Ray LaHood, has pledged a concerted effort toward ending driving distractions created by technology such as text messaging and programming a GPS. During the recent Distracted Driving Summit, one senator argued that texting is more dangerous than driving while intoxicated and is actively promoting his new bill, which is has been labeled “ALERT: Avoiding Life Endangering and Reckless Texting.” The bill strongly encourages states to ban texting while driving and proposes the consequential loss of 25% of federal highway funding if a state does not pass the bill.
Gwinnett County & Metro-Atlanta
According to Forbes.com, Atlanta ranks #1 as having the worst traffic in America – outranking historically leading cities such as Washington DC and Los Angeles. Many accidents are the result of the offending driver talking on a cell phone, sending a text message, smoking, adjusting the radio, or eating. At Hollberg & Weaver, we have represented a number of personal injury victims who have suffered from automobile collisions throughout the state of Georgia including Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth and Gwinnett counties.
Hollberg & Weaver: Experienced Peronal Injury Attorneys
We have handled a number of cases involving tractor trailers, personal vehicle collisions, armored car collisions, and pedestrians who have been struck. In one case, we represented a client who had suffered significant injuries from an automobile collision. We vigorously represented our client’s interests, and her case was settled for $100,000. (Neely vs. Herberner). In another instance, a driver crossed the center line of the highway and struck our client, causing numerous injuries and requiring surgery. We settled his case for $165,000. If you or someone you love has suffered personal injuries in an automobile accident, please call us today.