Welcome to Hollberg & Weaver, LLP. Our attorneys are highly experienced in criminal defense and civil litigation. We want to be your Atlanta area attorneys and are deeply committed to serving our clients. We combine a personal touch and a strong reputation for success to offer you the leading legal representation in Atlanta.
Contact us now for a free case review.
Welcome to Hollberg & Weaver. Our attorneys are highly experienced in criminal defense and civil litigation. We want to be your Atlanta area attorneys and are deeply committed to serving our clients. We combine a personal touch and a strong reputation for success to offer you the leading legal representation in Atlanta.
Contact us now for a free case review.
Primary Practice Areas
Hollberg & Weaver, LLP has significant expertise in criminal defense. Our attorneys have been prosecutors and have handled a wide variety of criminal cases, including felony and misdemeanor cases. We handle cases ranging from major felonies to DUI’s. We represent clients in federal court and the Georgia state court system including the courts of Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth, and Gwinnett. Learn More
At Hollberg & Weaver, LLP, we are committed to integrity, honesty, and hard work in all personal injury litigation. We give every case personalized attention in order to meet each client’s needs. Whether you have been a victim of a tractor trailer accident, negligent security, automobile accident, or any other personal injury, we are here to help you get the settlement or result you deserve. Learn More
Our attorneys have many years of experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in civil rights cases. These cases have involved shootings, other uses of force, medical care, arrests, and employment discrimination. The cases are challenging but we are well-equipped to handle and try them.
If you have recently been injured in an automobile accident, it is important that you retain the right auto accident attorneys in Atlanta. The days following a car accident can be confusing and can leave you feeling overwhelmed with all of the decisions that need to be made. You will need an experienced attorney who can help you find answers to all of those questions. Hollberg & Weaver, LLP has the experience to protect you and your rights and help get your life back to normal.
GEORGE M. WEAVER is a partner at Hollberg & Weaver, LLP with over 40 years of litigation experience. He received his B.A. degree from Georgia State University. He attended law school at the University of Georgia and received his J.D. degree in 1975. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Georgia (published by Law and Politics and Atlanta Magazine).
- Bearden v. Georgia, 103 S.Ct. 2064 (1983)
- Kjellsen v. Mills, 517 F.3d 1232 (11th Cir. 2008)
- Griffin Industries, Inc, v. Irvin, 496 F.3d 1189 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Higdon v. Jackson, 393 F.3d 1211 (11th Cir. 2004)
- Palmer v. Board of Regents, 208 F.3d 969 (11th Cir. 2000)
- Morgan v. Ford, 6 F.3d 750 (11th Cir. 1993)
- Lowe v. Aldridge, 958 F.2d 1565 (11th Cir. 1992)
- American Booksellers Association v. Webb, 919 F.2d 1493 (11th Cir. 1990)
- High Ol’Times, Inc. v. Busbee, 673 F.2d 1225 (11th Cir. 1982)
- Reynolds v. Stahr, 758 F. Supp. 1276 (W.D. Wis. 1991)
- Browning v. Rabun Cty. Bd. of Commissioners, 347 Ga. App. 719 (2019)
- Bowman v. State, 258 Ga. 829 (1989)
- Flynt v. State, 153 Ga. App. 232 (1980)
- “Ratification as an Exception to the § 1983 Causation Requirement: Plaintiff’s Opportunity or Illusion?” 89 Neb. L. Rev. 359 (2010)
- “The Precedential Value of Unpublished Judicial Opinions,” 39 Mercer Law Review 477, Winter, 1988
- “Handbook on Prosecution of Obscenity Cases,” New York: National Obscenity Law Center, 1985
- “The Effect of a Plea of Nolo Contendere,” 13 Georgia Law Review 723, Spring, 1979
PAT DUTCHER is a partner at Hollberg & Weaver, LLP with more than 15 years of litigation experience and a record of excellence in trial advocacy. Pat graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law and obtained his Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in philosophy and political science from Lynchburg College. Pat has significant experience handling complex felony cases and high profile special matters in Georgia’s busiest and most demanding courtrooms. Before joining Hollberg & Weaver, LLP, Pat served as Deputy District Attorney of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office Major Case Division, where he successfully litigated hundreds of felony cases and achieved a 100% success rate in dozens of homicide jury trials. Pat also led a team of ten highly skilled trial attorneys in the Major Case Division who litigated all of the homicide and high profile criminal matters in the Atlanta Judicial Circuit. During Pat’s rise through the District Attorney’s Office, he was consistently recognized for his exceptional trial skills, receiving numerous awards including Trial Division Lawyer of the Year in 2009, Major Case Lawyer of the Year in 2014, and the Lewis Slaton Highest Achievement Award in 2016. The Fulton Daily Report also selected Pat as one of the Top Ten Lawyers to Watch in 2010. Pat now employs his litigation experience, courtroom prowess, and personal tenacity to serve victims of personal injury and those who have been accused of serious crimes.
- Gin v. State, 293 Ga. App. 757 (2008) ) (felony reckless conduct)
- Porter v. State, 283 Ga. 576 (2008) (murder)
- Manley v. State, 281 Ga. 466 (2007) (murder)
- Fields v. State, 283 Ga. App. 208 (2007) (armed robbery)
- Helton v. State, 284 Ga. App. 777 (2007) (obstruction)
- Florence v. State, 282 Ga. App. 31 (2006) (cocaine distribution)
- Brewer v. State, 2280 Ga. App. 582 (2006) (aggravated assault)
- Davenport v. State, 278 Ga. App. 16 (2006) (child molestation)
- Burdette v. State, 276 Ga. App. 695 (2005) (burglary)
- Rosas v. State, 276 Ga. App. 513 (2005) (cocaine trafficking, authored brief)
- Fetter v. State, 271 Ga. App. 652 (2005) (burglary, authored brief)
- Fatal Attraction
- ATL Homicide
- Court TV
Justice For You Is Our Priority
Attorneys and associates at Hollberg & Weaver, LLP, specialize in personal injury, auto accident litigation, criminal defense, and civil litigation. We have the expertise to protect your rights in each of these situations. With over 40 years of experience as attorneys in Georgia, we have a reputation of fighting for our clients and protecting them from violations of their rights.
If you have any questions or if you want to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.
Need A Trusted Advisor?
If you or someone you know is in need of legal representation, the attorneys at Hollberg & Weaver, LLP can offer you the expertise and excellence necessary to obtain a just result. Contact us today for a free case review to discuss how we can help.
From Our Clients
Hear from our real life, satisfied clients.
“Hollberg and Weaver has excellent attorneys who are knowledgeable and take the time to understand a client’s needs. I highly recommend this firm and its attorneys.”
“Knows how to find the appropriate law quickly. Expert and professional.“
“Attorney Pat Dutcher is one of the best attorneys in Atlanta. He is a master of his practice areas and gives 100% to all of his cases. If Pat is on your case, you can be confident you are getting the best representation possible.“